Police Criminal Record Check (PCRC)
The Police Criminal Record Check is intended for an applicant who is involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic PCRC is requested (e.g., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for an applicant who is seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
The Police Criminal Record Check will include:
- Criminal convictions from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Summary convictions, for five years, when identified.
- Findings of Guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period.
The Police Criminal Record Check will NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants.
- Absolute and conditional discharges.
- Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Convictions where a record suspension has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local police contact.
- Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS).
- Special Interest Police (SIP) category of CPIC.
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Foreign information.
- A Vulnerable Sector (VS) Query to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Records Act (CRA).
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact.
- Diversions will not be released as police contact and no reference to the occurrence is permitted (CC S. 717.4).
- Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) information beyond applicable disclosure period
How to apply?
To expedite your request you must attend in person at either our South Division or North Division location (see details below) and complete the appropriate application form. You will also be required to provide two pieces of identification to allow us to verify your identity.
The identification must confirm your name, date of birth and address, and one piece of identification must include a photo. The following is a list of identification that are accepted.
Photo identification must provide photo and both the name and date of birth of an individual.
Non-photo identification must provide both the name and date of birth or address of an individual
- Driver’s licence (issued by a Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign driver’s licence
- Canadian passport
- Foreign passport
- Canadian Citizenship card
- Permanent Resident (PR) card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Student identity card from a Canadian or foreign institute
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) identification card
- Federal, provincial or municipal identification card
- Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
Note: Health cards (issued by Canadian province or territory) and Social Insurance Number (SIN) are not acceptable for identification purposes.
You will also be required to complete a Declaration of Criminal Record, and may be required to submit fingerprints to the RCMP.
*An additional fee of $10 per form will be charged to applicants requesting multiple copies. Additional copy requests can only be made at the time of the original application.
You can pay by debit card, Visa and MasterCard, or certified cheque or money order made payable to the South Simcoe Police Service.
Who can apply?
Anyone with appropriate identification can obtain a criminal background check from the South Simcoe Police.
You can obtain a Criminal background check by attending either at our North Division or South Division locations:
81 Melbourne Drive
2137 Innisfil Beach Road
Please visit the following RCMP web site to obtain all required information on how to submit your fingerprints if you are living outside Canada: http:www.rcmp.gc.ca
Contact Us at 905-775-3311 or 705-436-2141 Ext. 1063