Now Hiring Auxiliary Officer(s)
The women and men of the South Simcoe Police Auxiliary Unit are an essential part of policing in our communities. Auxiliary police officers are dedicated volunteers who help facilitate public events, presentations, and assist with 9-1-1 calls. Each year, our Auxiliary members provide the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury and the Town of Innisfil with over 5,000 hours of volunteer work.
South Simcoe Police is looking to hire Auxiliary Officer(s) to join our team.
• Auxiliary officers are required to dedicate a minimum of 12 hours per month of Auxiliary duty and attend a monthly training night
• Commit to a 40 hour training program that is held for new members. This includes Use of Force, Firearms and other physical activities. Maintain the required Code of Conduct found within the Police Services Act
• Complete ongoing training as required
• Agrees to be bound by Oaths of Office & Secrecy
• Ability to volunteer for shifts at different times of the day
• Be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Have successfully completed at least 4 years of secondary school or equivalent. (Note: official transcripts and diplomas will be required)
• Not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted
• Must possess a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s license with full driving privileges
• Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to your own safety and the safety of members of the public
• Must have Standard First Aid and Basic C.P.R. training
• Be of good moral character and habits
Individuals who do not meet all of the above requirements will not be considered for this volunteer position.
Can you commit the time and effort required of the program? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter by March 22, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
2137 Innisfil Beach Road
Innisfil, ON L9S 1A2
The South Simcoe Police would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The South Simcoe Police is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that it represents the diverse community it serves. The South Simcoe Police is committed to equitable treatment of all individuals in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodation will be provided in accordance to the Ontario Human Rights Code and the position requirements.
An information session will be held at a future date. Auxiliary Officers receive no renumeration for their time.
A photo of Auxiliary Officers is attached.