Thefts from Vehicles
(Bradford, ON) South Simcoe Police Service officers are reminding residents to “Lock It Or Lose It” following a series of thefts from vehicles in Bradford.
The area impacted is Holland Street West to the north, Line 6 to the south, Sideroad 10 to the west, and Melbourne Drive to the east. Police are urging citizens to ensure all valuables – wallets, laptops, credit cards, sunglasses, etc. – are removed from their vehicles and that the vehicles are locked. Investigators are asking anyone with surveillance cameras to check for footage of any suspicious persons or vehicles that may have been captured in the late evening hours and early morning hours over the last two weeks. Your video can be submitted via this link: https://southsimcoepolice.ca.evidence.com/axon/citizen/public/autosinvestigation
South Simcoe Police Service wants to remind citizens that thefts from vehicles can occur anywhere. Here are some simple crime prevention steps:
· Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and take the key
· If you have a garage, use it, and lock the door as well as your vehicle
· Never leave your car keys in plain view or in an easily accessible area
· Keep your vehicle registration certificate and proof of insurance on you at all times. Don’t leave these documents in your glove compartment
· Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area
· Don’t leave valuables or packages in your vehicle but if you must, then place them in the trunk where they are at least out of plain sight
Anyone with information regarding these thefts is asked to contact Constable Shawn Strilec at 905-775-3311, 705-436-2141, ext. #1427, email@example.com
or call Crime Stoppers.