EXPERIENCED POLICE CONSTABLE (S)
The South Simcoe Police Service is accepting applications for employment from serving Canadian Police Officers for lateral hires. The last date to receive applications is September 20, 2019
The South Simcoe Police Service (SSPS) services a large geographical area comprised of communities with diverse cultural and economic makeups. We provide services to the communities of the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury and the Town of Innisfil.
If you are a current serving police officer and would like to continue your passion, the South Simcoe Police Service could be the organization for you. If you have what we are looking for, we welcome the opportunity for you to demonstrate your strengths. You will be required to participate in our hiring process as listed below.
The process for applicants with previous police experience includes the successful completion of each of the following phases:
- Local focus and competency based interviews;
- Psychological test and interview with a psychologist;
- Background investigation;
- Job offer, conditional on a successful medical clearance.
Please note that the successful completion of any phase of the selection process does not guarantee proceeding to the next phase.
- Successful completion of recruit training at Ontario Police College (or another recognized police training facility).
- Successful completion of the prescribed probationary period, according to Ontario Police Service Act.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Valid CPR level ‘C’ and Standard First Aid certificates.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- Valid Ontario fitness PIN or PREP test.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Member in good standing with their service.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this position, you MUST:
Provide a detailed resume and cover letter expressing your intention to compete in the experienced police constable position. The resume and the letter should include the following attachments:
- Valid CPR level ‘C’ and Standard First Aid certificates
- Valid Ontario fitness PIN or PREP test
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Copy of your basic Constable Training Diploma from the Ontario Police College (or another recognized police training facility)
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
South Simcoe Police Service
2137 Innisfil Beach Road
Innisfil, ON L9S 1A2
or email: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please see the attached ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for more information regarding the position.
The South Simcoe Police Service is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that it represents the diverse community it serves. The South Simcoe Police Service is committed to equitable treatment of all individuals in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodation will be provided in accordance to the Ontario Human Rights Code and the position requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my pension transferable?
For all questions pertaining to your pension, please refer to www.omers.ca. As an OMERS member, you may be able to transfer pension credits in to the OMERS plan from another Canadian registered pension plan. If you have been a member of another registered pension plan in the past, contact OMERS Client Services directly. You may be able to transfer some or all of this service into OMERS.
- How many weeks of Annual Vacation will I receive upon joining?
You will receive Annual vacation based on the collective agreement.
- Will my previous years of experience count towards the service recognition pay?
Yes. You will receive this benefit in accordance with the current collective agreement.
- What benefits am I entitled to as a member of the South Simcoe Police Service?
Your group benefits provide an important supplement to your income and valuable protection to you and your dependents. An over view of the benefits are as following:
- Life, short term disability insurance and long term disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage
- Group health and dental coverage
- Travel insurance and emergency travel assistance coverage
Please call or email Human Resources at 705-436-2141 or 905-775-3311 ext. 2015 for further information or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Am I entitled to any Sick Leave Benefits?
Yes. The collective agreement provides for the continuation of salary in whole and/or in part, for that period.
- I am an officer with international or military experience. Do I qualify as an experienced officer?
No. Although your knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable to our Service, you must apply as a recruit and will have to attend the Ontario Police College.
- Which location of the South Simcoe Police Service will I be assigned to?
Officers are assigned to a location and platoon based on the needs of the Service at the time of hire.