Criminal Record Check (CRC)
This check is intended for applicants who are involved as volunteers, employees or in any situation where a basic PCRC is requested (e.g., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable person.
**No youth applicants under the age of 18 can apply for a Police Criminal Record Check unless volunteering or employed by a Federal, Provincial or Municipal Government agency. Letters are required for volunteer positions**
Criminal Record Check will include:
- Criminal convictions (summary and indictable) from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and/or local databases, as permitted.
Criminal Record Check will NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, judicial orders, Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition Orders.
- Absolute and Conditional Discharges.
- Convictions where a pardon/Record Suspension has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local Police contacts.
- Ministry of Transportation information.
- Family Court Restraining orders.
- Foreign information.
- Charged and processed by other means such as Diversion.
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact that did not result in a conviction.
- Youth Criminal Justice Act information beyond applicable disclosure period
How to apply?
Complete an application form at one of the two South Simcoe Police Service locations. You will be required to complete a self-declaration form, and may be required to submit fingerprints to the RCMP.
To expedite your request you must attend in person at either our South Division or North Division location (see details below) and provide two pieces of identification to allow us to verify your identity.
The identification must confirm your name, date of birth and address, and one piece of identification must include a photo.
The following is a list of identification that will be accepted:
Photo identification,must provide photo and both the name and date of birth of an individual
Non-photo identification, which provides both the name and date of birth or address of an individual
- Driver’s Licence
- Age of Majority Card (BYID)
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Firearms Licence (FAL, PAL, POL)
- Government Employment Card
- Health Card
- Immigration Papers with photo
- Indian Status Card
- Military Employment Card
- NEXUS card
- Ontario Photo Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Student Card
Health cards (issued by Canadian province or territory) and Social Insurance Number (SIN) are not acceptable for identification purposes.
Employment Fee: $45
Volunteer Fee: $20
Please note that the fee is non-refundable.
*An additional fee of $10 per form will be charged to applicants requesting multiple copies. Additional copy requests can only be made at the time of the original application.
Payment will be taken at time of application submission and is non-refundable. Payments may only be made as such: Debit, VISA, Mastercard and exact cash
Who can apply?:
Anyone with appropriate identification and who resides within the South Simcoe boundaries can obtain a criminal background check from the South Simcoe Police.
Where to make the application:
You can obtain a Criminal background check by attending either at our North Division or South Division locations: (Address/Map)
Please visit the following RCMP web site to obtain all required information on how to submit your fingerprints if you are living outside Canada: http:www.rcmp.gc.ca
Contact Us at 905-775-3311 or 705-436-2141 Ext. 1992