Level 1 – Criminal Record Check
This check is intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic CRC is requested (e.g., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
The Criminal Record Check WILL include the following information:
- ) Criminal convictions from CPIC and/or local databases.
- ) Summary convictions, for five years, when identified.
- ) Findings of Guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period.
The Criminal Record Check WILL NOT include:
- ) Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants.
- ) Absolute and conditional discharges.
- ) Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- ) Convictions where a record suspension has been granted.
- ) Convictions under provincial statutes.
- ) Local police contact.
- ) Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS).
- ) Special Interest Police (SIP) category of CPIC.
- ) Family Court Restraining Orders.
- ) Foreign information.
- ) A Vulnerable Sector (VS) Query to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and ranted a record suspension for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Record Act (CRA).
- ) Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact.
- ) Diversions will not be released as police contact and no reference to the occurrence is permitted (CC S. 717.4).
- ) Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) information beyond applicable disclosure period.
- ) Any reference to contagious diseases.
- ) Dispositions including, but not limited to, Withdrawn, Dismissed, and cases of Not Criminally Responsible by Reason of Mental Disorder.
Volunteers must possess a letter from the volunteer organization on official company letterhead stating that you are seeking a Record Check for the purposes of volunteering at the time of submission. This will waive a portion of the fee.