A Police criminal record check is a search of the RCMP databases. A criminal background check is usually required for employment purposes, by-law licences, immigration or border crossing. (NOT for individuals seeking a position with children or the vulnerable sector.)
Police Criminal Record Check will include:
- Criminal convictions (summary and indictable) from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and/or local databases.
Police Criminal Record Check will NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, judicial orders, Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition Orders.
- Absolute and Conditional Discharges.
- Convictions where a pardon has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local Police contacts.
- Ministry of Transportation information.
- Family Court Restraining orders.
- Foreign information.
- Charged and processed by other means such as Diversion.
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact that did not result in a conviction.
How to apply?
You can obtain the appropriate application form at one of the two South Simcoe Police Service locations. You will also be required to complete a self-declaration form, and may be required to submit fingerprints to the RCMP.
To expedite your request you must attend in person at either our South Division or North Division location (see details below) and provide two pieces of identification to allow us to verify your identity.
The identification must confirm your name, date of birth and address, and one piece of identification must include a photo.
The following is a list of identification that are accepted:
Photo identification: must provide photo and both the name and date of birth of an individual
Non-photo identification: which provides both the name and date of birth or address of an individual
- Driver's licence (issued by a Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign driver's licence
- Canadian passport
- Foreign passport
- Canadian Citizenship card
- Permanent Resident (PR) card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Student identity card from a Canadian or foreign institute
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) identification card
- Federal, provincial or municipal identification card
- Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
Note: Health cards (issued by Canadian province or territory) and Social Insurance Number (SIN) are not acceptable for identification purposes.
*An additional fee of $10 per form will be charged to applicants requesting multiple copies. Additional copy requests can only be made at the time of the original application.
You can pay by certified cheque or money order made payable to the South Simcoe Police Service, debit card, Visa and MasterCard.
Who can apply?:
Anyone with appropriate identification can obtain a criminal background check from the South Simcoe Police.
Where to make the application:
You can obtain a Criminal background check by attending either at our North Division or South Division locations: (click here for address/map)