The SSPS is committed to providing the residents of Bradford West Gwillimbury & Innisfil with the highest-quality police service possible. Public input is essential to ensuring that we continue to meet the needs or exceed the expectations of the communities we serve.
Sometimes the South Simcoe Police Service and/or its members make mistakes or act in ways that the citizens we serve may not understand or like. It is only by bringing your concerns to our attention that we can deal with them effectively
Your constructive comments about our service - both good and bad - will help us to improve and to achieve our goals.
If you've recently observed or experienced a member of the South Simcoe Police Service going that extra mile to provide high-quality policing service to you, your family or the community at large, we welcome the opportunity to hear from you.
We are extremely proud of our excellent Service and team of more than 100 uniform and civilian members.
- Date and time of the incident
- Location of the incident
- Member's name (if known)
- Member's badge/employee number (if known)
- Details of what happened
- Your name and contact information
The time you take to contact us with your compliment is greatly appreciated. We will contact the subject officer(s) to ensure that the deed is appropriately acknowledged.
There are two types of complaints:
- Against the policies of, or services provided by, the South Simcoe Police Service
- Against the conduct of a South Simcoe Police Service officer
Complaints can be submitted using the following methods:
(Be sure to include as much of the following information as you can in your correspondence)
- In Person: Attend either of the South Simcoe Police stations (Innisfil or Bradford). The public complaint process will be explained including local resolution and/or filing a complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD).
- Mail: South Simcoe Police Service Professional Standards Bureau 2137 Innisfil Beach Road Innisfil, ON L9S 1A2
- Contact the OIPRD by telephone at 1-877-411-4773 to request complaint forms be sent to you. Once completed and signed, they may be mailed or delivered in person to the OIPRD at: 655 Bay Street, 10th floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2K4