The SSPS is committed to providing the residents of Bradford West Gwillimbury & Innisfil with the highest-quality police service possible. Public input is essential to ensuring that we continue to meet the needs or exceed the expectations of the communities we serve.
Sometimes the South Simcoe Police Service and/or its members make mistakes or act in ways that the citizens we serve may not understand or like. It is only by bringing your concerns to our attention that we can deal with them effectively
Your constructive comments about our service - both good and bad - will help us to improve and to achieve our goals.
If you've recently observed or experienced a member of the South Simcoe Police Service going that extra mile to provide high-quality policing service to you, your family or the community at large, we welcome the opportunity to hear from you.
We are extremely proud of our excellent Service and team of more than 100 uniform and civilian members.
- Date and time of the incident
- Location of the incident
- Member's name (if known)
- Member's badge/employee number (if known)
- Details of what happened
- Your name and contact information
The time you take to contact us with your compliment is greatly appreciated. We will contact the subject officer(s) to ensure that the deed is appropriately acknowledged.
There are two types of complaints:
- Against the policies of, or services provided by, the South Simcoe Police Service
- Against the conduct of a South Simcoe Police Service officer
Complaints can be submitted using the following methods:
(Be sure to include as much of the following information as you can in your correspondence)
- In Person: Attend either of the South Simcoe Police stations (Innisfil or Bradford) and ask to speak with the officer in charge. The public complaint process will be explained including local resolution and/or filing a complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD).
- Mail: South Simcoe Police Service, attn: Professional Standards Bureau 2137 Innisfil Beach Road Innisfil, ON L9S 1A2
- Contact the OIPRD by telephone at 1-877-411-4773 to request complaint forms be sent to you. Once completed and signed, they may be mailed or delivered in person to the OIPRD at: 655 Bay Street, 10th floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2K4
The South Simcoe Police Service (SSPS) is entrusted by the people of our communities to ensure their safety and protection. Each day, SSPS uniform and civilian employees, strive to preserve the public’s trust and confidence by delivering service with transparency, honesty, integrity and professionalism. Sworn police officers are granted significant powers and authorities to carry out their duties and it is for this reason, their conduct, while on and off-duty, is held to a very high standard. When a police officer falls short of these expectations, he/she must be held accountable.
The SSPS’s Professional Standards Unit conducts investigations into allegations of misconduct involving police officers, including both internal complaints and public complaints as directed through the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD). On occasion, the investigation results in a formal charge against the officer contrary to the Code of Conduct contained in the Schedule to Ontario Regulation 268/10, and the officer must appear before a tribunal.
The South Simcoe Police Service adopted the Tribunal Rules of Practice on June 4, 2017. They are posted below for your review.
For those matters that result in a formal charge against an officer contrary to the Code of Conduct contained in the Schedule to Ontario Regulation 268/10, the officer must appear before a tribunal. Police tribunals are open to the public. The following is a list of ongoing tribunals: